SO…..After about 2 months of being gone I’m back to continue on in my journey. The past 2 months have been a bit of a roller coaster for me. I’ve had a few things thrown my way that I was not expecting and I’m still continuing to deal with. Right after my last post I experienced a loss that threw me and everyone in one of my friend circles for a loop and I wanted to direct all of my attention towards that situation. Then when I got back into the headspace to continue on my blogging journey (to aid in holding myself accountable) my health experienced a dip. I experienced 3 different colds over the last 2 months and I’m still recovering from the last one.
During this time I also experienced an unexpected setback in my personal and professional life which has changed the direction of where my life was headed. I was in a bit of a daze these past couple of months and knowing that life throws you curveballs didn’t necessarily help with the headache that I was in. I had a lot to deal with and I’m proud that I did not wallow too much and that I was more grounded than I usually am when dealing with life’s unexpected occurrences.
I dealt with my setbacks in a few ways:
- Reflecting on each issue a dealt with and making another road map for myself exploring all of the avenues that I can take.
- Discussing my issues openly with friends and family in order to get another perspective – usually I bottle everything up and keep my problems to myself.
- Asking for help and getting assistant for the issues that I could not see a way to complete myself in order to help myself have no regrets and know that I’m doing everything that I can to solve my problems.
- Sticking to my other goals for the most part. For a while I was at a standstill but I forced myself to complete at least some of the goals I set for myself to prevent myself from going to a stage that I would regret.
- Staying productive and looking up other things that I can do to assist myself into becoming the person that I want to be, including working up the courage to come back to my blogging after such a long time away and almost feeling as if I failed on one of my major goal
Overall I’m disappointed in myself for falling behind in some of my goals but I know that sometimes things happen that we have no control over but we have to find ways to deal with them and push through. I’m glad that this has happened now as it has allowed me to see that I have cracks when everything begins to fall apart. This just means that I have a new desire to add to my overall goals which is finding ways to get back on the proverbial horse quicker when the unexpected happens in my life.